BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

8 days down and...

...I am doing pretty awesome actually, I think!

I haven't thought too much about the numbers on the scale, been focusing more on how I feel and just getting through this 2 week liquid diet. For those of you who have never tried a liquid diet, it's basically the diet that fun forgot, but I guess all diets are kind of that way, no? Monday cannot come soon enough as I start the pureed phase of the diet for 2 weeks. I know it sounds dreadful but to me it sounds heavenly right now.

I have been pain free since day 4 and out walking each day, problem free. Today I took my mom out for a pedicure and we walked around a bit and then did a quick shop for some new mini containers for my smaller portions.

So, although I haven't thought much about the numbers on the scale, that certainly doesn't mean I haven't been weighing in each day to see what's happening. Since there was so much fluid in me after surgery with the IV etc...I was up 5 lbs for the first few days. Luckily after day 6 the lbs started to come off. As of this evening I am down 7 lbs since surgery for a total of 19 lbs since April 30 when I began the pre-op fast. I don't really feel any lighter as I still seem to be swollen from the surgery but all in due time. My mom (who has been a GOD send here with me the past 8 days) says that every day she can see my stomach, hips and face getting smaller. I will take it!

I am planning to take pictures to mark my progress as this journey continues. In retrospect I wish I hadn't worn this outfit and I wish I had taken a profile shot but ah well, I will do that going forward. Also, going forward I hope to master the art of not having to put my pics up sideways but what are ya gonna do?

Until next time...



0 comments: