BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You may remember me from such films as, Slackers

Well my friends, (aka dad) it’s been a long time [insert some bullshit excuse about how pants-droppingly busy I have been here]. Truth is, I do get really busy at work in the summer, but that’s not really an excuse so let’s go with whatever one you were able to concoct in your head that likely makes me seem way less lazy.

The past 7 months have been pretty uneventful. Aside from sitting around on my ass, trying my hardest to gain back the weight I had lost, I haven’t done much else (outside of being brilliant at my job, of course). The good news is, I succeeded…I managed to gain back all the weight I had lost and a bonus 2 lbs… What do I win, folks? Well aside from the distinct pleasure of now moving back into my fatter girl clothes, not much…although admittedly I celebrated this milestone with many a Big Mac and Whopper over the past few months.

On Monday I made a vow to once again eat healthy and exercise (if my ability to stick to these vows is at all reflective of how I would upkeep my wedding vows, it’s likely for the best that I am single). However, I surge forward with optimism (kinda) on my new journey (I think I need a new word for journey). I have stocked the fridge with healthy, colourful foods and joined a new gym. My new workouts are only 30 minutes, so hopefully the fact that I will be in and out of there will keep me motivated.

Our staff, minus this one skinny little lady who doesn’t have even a pound to lose, has started a Biggest Loser type competition in the office. Each week, we will weigh in and track our % of weight loss. The biggest loser each month gets a movie pass and the big (or small, hopefully) winner at the end of the contest (6 months likely) will get something great too…maybe $, we haven’t really decided but I bet when we do, it will be epic.

This is a pretty lame post, seems in gaining back the weight I have lost some of my wit…I will try harder next time (haven’t you heard me say that before?!)

love, love, love
b

0 comments: