BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

I am just a law abiding citizen...don't judge me!

So, yesterday was one of those days when my eating was somewhat beyond my control. I say somewhat because, obviously nobody was shoving food down my throat (I do have a fantasy that starts out that way though), but I wasn’t in my own surroundings preparing my own food as my nutritionist says is always the most ideal situation. That’s right, I have a nutritionist! I am surprised I haven’t brought her up on here before. I reference her normally about 4 or 5 times per day. Her name is Stefanie, but obviously we’re so tight that I just call her Stef. She is a part of that course that I have mentioned before that I am taking. Basically, it is 12 weeks and every week I have a group nutrition class for 2 hours and an hour of fitness class twice a week. I absolutely love this class. I have learned so much and am now constantly analyzing everything I put in my mouth (I bet your mind went in the gutter on that one, eh?) ;)

Okay, so back to yesterday… I had gone out to a friend’s Christmas recital. He rocked it, he was pretty much the star of the show…way to go, lover! Anyhoo….after his recital I had to go to the wrap party, because he told me everyone who was anyone would be there. It was pretty hoppin’… Mic Jagger was there snorting a line in the corner with Lady Gaga… Chris Brown was drowning his sorrows at the bar, which Paris Hilton was dancing on. It was pretty much just another Christmas recital wrap party...you know how crazy those can get, right?

So the menu at this place wasn’t really all that healthy so I knew I had to commit to something that wouldn’t be as good for me as I would normally eat, but I was okay with that. So I had this pasta with vegetables…it was alright and aside from the olive oil in it, not too bad. I mean I did eat 4 pieces of bruschetta and then met up with another friend after for chocolate cake, but all and all it wasn’t a write-off of a day, as I had gone to the gym that morning in anticipation.

Yeah, I have this new thing where I go to the gym to work off calories in anticipation of moments of weakness. Like for example on Saturday I wanted to go to the movies and I knew I had to have popcorn. They actually have a law in Toronto that you can’t attend the movies and not have popcorn. I mean I am not afraid to text and drive but this is one law I don’t want to break! So in preparation for that, I went online to find the caloric information for movie theatre popcorn, which if you’re not having butter is not terrible. So I worked off the exact amount of calories on the treadmill that was in the popcorn. I didn’t burn one calorie more, what would be the point of that really?

1 comments:

jb said...

look at you doing your homework - your grade A+!